Be sure to invite your friends!
We are very excited about the new “Our Catholic Schools Rock” program and hope you will help the students and schools as we highlight our Catholic schools and Columbus Academy for Catholic homeschooling. Thank you to our underwriters!
Our Catholic Schools Rock is an art contest that takes place in each participating school. The Art Contest has the theme of Saint(s). It can be one saint or many saints. The competition is divided into three divisions based on age groups: K-3rd, 4th-6th, 7th-8th. There will be one winner for each division from each school. Iowa Catholic Radio will judge the art from each school to determine one winner in each division from each school. The winning art from each school will then be posted on the Iowa Catholic Radio website to allow the community to vote for their favorite art. The results of this online voting will determine one overall winner and runner-up for each division from all of the winning artwork.
The Winning Art
The three winning art pieces will be displayed on the front cover of folders provided by Iowa Catholic Radio, with the runner-up pictures placed on the inside cover. Iowa Catholic Radio will provide one of these folders for each student in all of the schools for the 2016 spring semester.
Spotlight Each School
In addition to the art contest, beginning August 24 and ending December 11 each school will be highlighted for one week, and one day that week two guests will be interviewed on the Morning Show. The interviews will be in the Iowa Catholic Radio studio downtown or by phone if necessary. The school will need to choose two guests to be interviewed.
1. Art Entry Deadline: October 1, 2015.
2. It is the responsibility of the teachers (or parents) to mail, deliver or request pickup of the art by the entry deadline. If possible, please mail all homeschool entries or deliver to the Iowa Catholic Radio office.
Mail: P.O. Box 838
Des Moines, IA 50304
Deliver: 601 Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309
Request Pick Up: Email Leslie@iowacatholicradio.com
3. The art designs must be based on the following theme: Saint(s)
4. Paper: Please limit size of designs to 8” tall x 5” wide.
6. No digital art.
7. Important: Please include student’s name, address, phone, e-mail, school name, grade and teacher’s name with each entry .
8. One entry per student.
9. Three grade divisions for each school. (one final winner, one runner-up from each division): – Kindergarten—3rd, 4th—6th, and 7th—8th.
10. The winners for each school will be determined by the Iowa Catholic Radio staff.
11. The final winners will be determined by online votes that begin October 26th – December 11th 2015.
12. Online voting will be open to the public.
13. One vote per voter.
14. Iowa Catholic Radio reserves the right to delete votes that do not conform to these rules.
15. The entry that receives the most online votes in each division will win the art contest for that division and the art that receives the second most votes from each division will be the runner up art.
16. All entries become the property of Iowa Catholic Radio and can be used by Iowa Catholic Radio for promotional purposes without compensation to the artist.
2015 Art Contest Schedule:
• Art Entry Deadline October 1, 2015 4 p.m. Central Time.
• Please note: if students’ would like their artwork back at the end of the contest they will need to provide an addressed envelope in their request to Iowa Catholic Radio.
• Winners from each school will be announced October 26th LIVE during Iowa Catholic Radio Today with Jon Leonetti and Jeanne Wells.
• The art will also be displayed online to allow voting to take place for the final winner and runner up.
• Winning student’s names will be sent by email to the schools.
• Online voting ends December 11, 2015
• Final winner and runner up from each division/section are announced January 6, 2016 LIVE during Iowa Catholic Radio Today with Jon Leonetti and Jeanne Wells. Winners will be published on the Iowa Catholic Radio website and an email will be sent to the school and through Iowa Catholic Radio’s Enews.
• Two-pocket style folders, printed with the winning designs will be delivered to schools during the last week in January 2016.
The participating schools will also be spotlighted for one week and have an opportunity to be on the Iowa Catholic Radio Today morning show with Jon Leonetti and Jeanne Wells during their spotlight week! We are excited to promote Catholic education. Listen each day and be sure to cast your online vote starting October 26th.
Columbus Academy August 24-28
Holy Family, Des Moines August 31-Sep 4
St. Francis of Assisi, WDM September 7-11
St. Joseph, Des Moines September 21-25
St. Theresa, Des Moines September 28-Oct 2
St. Patrick, Perry October 5-9
St. Luke’s, Ankeny October 12-16
St. Pius X, Urbandale October 19-23
Holy Trinity, Des Moines October 26-30
Sacred Heart, WDM November 2-6
St Augustin, Des Moines November 9-13
Assumption, Granger November 16-20
Christ the King, Des Moines November 30-Dec 4
St. Anthony, Des Moines December 7-11
Partner with Iowa Catholic Radio as we connect more listeners with Christ. Tune in September 14-18, and be a part of a community working together to keep Christ centered talk radio on the air. Listen in and plan to pledge. Choose a team as you make your pledge to get them to victory. The winning team will win a dinner for their priest.
Iowa Catholic Radio returns to the State Fair with games and prizes. Stop by to pick up your Dowling Catholic football schedule or to just say HI! Get a picture with the Pope and post it on your Facebook page.
Be sure to sign up for the Catholic Book giveaway. You can register below or register at the Iowa Catholic Radio’s State Fair booth. We are giving away one Adult Basket including books, CD, DVD and travel mug (see picture below), and one Children’s Basket with toys, games and books. Special Thanks to our sponsor: Iowa Knights of Columbus
The drawing for each basket will take place Monday August 24th between 7am – 8am during the morning show with Jon Leonetti and Jeanne Wells. Be sure to listen to find out if you are the winner.
The last day to enter for the drawing is 3pm Sunday August 23rd.
Fr. Michael Amadeo is a regular guest on the morning show. He brings a little humor to our morning, but he always offers insight on our Catholic faith. Here is a short clip from April 16th when Fr. Michael shared a short explanation of the Immaculate Conception. The voices of your friends, family and leaders are on IA Catholic Radio. Tune in everyday to 1150AM-88.5FM-94.5FM and learn more about your faith. Listen here: Fr. Michael Amadeo: Immaculate Conception
THE SPRING CARE A THON WAS A GREAT SUCCESS!
|A very sincere “thank you” to everyone who helped make the Spring Care A Thon a success!
The total pledged is just over $81,000.00, surpassing our $80,000.00 goal! It will very nearly cover the cost of new anchors and guy wires for our towers at Norwalk. I hope you all know how grateful we are for your support and your vote of confidence in the work of Iowa Catholic Radio. Your pledges are solid testimony that our mission to teach, defend and evangelize the Catholic faith is important.
The top fund-raising team, receiving dinner for 4 for their priest at the Latin King restaurant, is Well Read Gentlemen, but all the teams are winners! Here are the top 5 fund-raising teams:
Again, thanks to everyone for being a very important participant, with your prayers and financial support, in the work of Iowa Catholic Radio.
With your prayers and support Iowa Catholic Radio will continue to “Connect Listeners with Christ”!
The voices of your friends, family and leaders are on IA Catholic Radio. Here is a short clip from the March 12th morning show when Fr. Michael Amadeo shared a brief explanation of what we as Catholics believe about Faith and Good Works. Tune in to 1150AM-88.5FM-94.5FM or streaming live and learn more about your faith everyday. Listen here: Fr. Michael Amadeo: Faith and Good Works